Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 lb Irish Banger
- 4 large Potatoes, peeled and pieces
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Carrots, chopped
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 1 cup Beef Broth
- 1 tbsp Flour
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Set your oven's heat to 375°F (190°C).
- To cook potatoes, it is recommended to place them in a pot filled with salted water. Take to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender. Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot. To make the potatoes creamy, add some milk and butter and mash them together. Season with salt and Pepper to taste.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat a large-sized skillet over medium heat. Add the Irish banger and cook until browned. Take the sausage out of the frying pan and keep it to the side.
- In the same skillet, add the onion and carrots. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Slice the cooked Irish banger and return it to the skillet. Stir in the flour until it coats the sausage and vegetables. Add the beef broth and frozen peas. Take the mixture to a simmer and cook until the broth has thickened.
- Transfer the sausage and vegetable mixture into a baking dish. Spread the mashed potatoes on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top of the shepherd's pie is golden brown.
- It is recommended to allow the shepherd's pie to cool down for a few minutes before serving.