Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 lb Italian Sausage Stuffed with Peppers & Onions
- 1.5 cups Arborio Rice
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Diced Tomatoes
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Saffron threads
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh Parsley, chopped, for garnish.
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Over normal heat, cook the Italian sausage in a large skillet or paella pan until browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the onion, garlic, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper in the same skillet. Cook until the vegetables get tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, paprika, and saffron threads. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Stir in the Arborio rice and reduce heat to low. Cover and leave the rice to cook for about 20 minutes or until the rice gets soft and has absorbed most of the liquid.
- Slice the cooked Italian sausage and stir it into the rice mixture. Season with salt and Pepper to taste.
- Serve the paella garnished with chopped fresh parsley and lemon wedges on the side.