Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb Sweet Italian Sausage (Luganica Style), casing removed
- 1 lb Rigatoni
- 1 jar (24 oz) Marinara Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan Cheese for garnish
- Fresh Basil leaves for garnish
- Heat some olive oil in a sizeable skillet to medium heat to begin cooking. Add the onion and prepare until it is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the Sweet Italian sausage to the skillet, breaking it up with a spoon. Cook until the sausage gets browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Once the skillet is heated, add the garlic and prepare for 30 seconds until it gets fragrant.
- After adding the marinara sauce, lower the heat and allow it to prepare for about 15 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, bring a large-sized pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the rigatoni following the package instructions until it is al dente. Drain the pasta.
- Toss the cooked rigatoni with the sausage marinara sauce until it is well coated. Season with salt and Pepper to taste.
- Serve the rigatoni topped with grated parmesan and fresh basil leaves.