Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 2 Acorn Squash halved and seeds removed
- 1 lb Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage, casing removed
- 1 Apple, diced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Cooked Quinoa
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh Parsley for garnish
- Adjust your oven's heat to 400°F (200°C). Place the acorn squash halves cut side up on a cooking sheet and roast for 45 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- While the squash is being roasted, heat a skillet on normal heat. To prepare, cook the chicken sausage using a spoon to break it up as it browns. Ensure it is fully cooked before proceeding.
- In the skillet, put the apple, onion, and garlic and cook them until they get soft and tender.
- Add the prepared Quinoa to the mixture and season it with salt and Pepper.
- Once the acorn squash is done roasting, fill each half with the sausage and quinoa mixture.
- Please return the stuffed squash to the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve the stuffed squash garnished with fresh parsley.