Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 lb Sweet Italian Sausage, sliced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Carrots, chopped
- 2 Celery Stalks, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 canned (15 oz) Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) Diced Tomatoes
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Pasta Shells
- 1/2 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large-sized pot over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook until browned. Remove and set aside.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic to the same pot. Sauté until softened.
- Return the sausage to the pot. Add the kidney beans, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the pasta shells. Cook until the pasta is tender.
- Add parsley, and then season the blend with salt and Pepper. Serve hot.