Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb Italian Sausage Stuffed with Peppers & Onions
- 24 large Mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/2 cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Set the oven's heat to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a skillet over moderate heat, cook the sausage until browned and fully cooked. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once cooled, mix the sausage with the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and minced garlic. Season with salt and Pepper.
- Take the sausage mixture and use it to fill each mushroom cap. Put the stuffed mushrooms on the baking sheet that has been prepared.
- Drizzle the mushrooms with olive oil. Bake the dish for approximately 20 minutes until the mushrooms become tender, and the filling turns golden brown. It is best served while still warm.