Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 lb Sweet Italian Sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup Arborio Rice
- 1/2 lb Wild Mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook; split it with a spoon until it gets browned and fully cooked. Remove the sausage from the skillet and put aside.
- In the same skillet, pour some oil and add the onions. Cook, stirring periodically, until the onions get softened.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet, then cook until they are browned and their liquid has evaporated.
- Stir the arborio rice into the skillet until it is coated in the oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the rice gets slightly toasted.
- Start adding the chicken broth to the skillet, 1 cup at a time, mixing continuously and leaving the liquid to be absorbed before adding the next cup.
- Once all the chicken broth has been added and the rice is tender, stir in the cooked sausage and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and Pepper.
- Serve the risotto immediately, with additional parmesan cheese, if desired.