- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 (16 oz) package of pizza dough
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs (whisked)
- 1 lb. of Italian sausage (de-cased)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 1/8 cup of fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of cut provolone or mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, add oil and heat over medium-high until hot. Add onion and garlic and stir/cook until fragrant and golden
- Add sausage; stir and break it up into pieces, until browned.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll the dough out and stretch it out on a piece of parchment paper. Spread the pizza sauce leaving about 2 inches from the edge. Top with Italian sausage, additional toppings, and finally cheese.
- Roll up the dough up like a cinnamon roll and pinch the edges to seal and fold where the seam is. Lay the Stromboli seam side down and brush with egg mixture (egg, garlic, and parsley) Top with ¼ cup cheese, Italian seasoning, and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Serve with warm pizza sauce.