Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb Sweet Italian Sausage
- 1 lb Spaghetti
- 1 jar (24 oz) Marinara Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Fresh Basil leaves for garnish.
- Heat the olive oil in a large-sized skillet over moderate heat. Add the onion and prepare until it is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sweet Italian sausage to the skillet, breaking it up with a spoon. Cook until the sausage gets browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Once you've added the garlic to the skillet, cook it for over 30 seconds until it becomes fragrant.
- Once you have added the marinara sauce, reduce the heat to low. Let the sauce simmer for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, the sauce is simmering, boil a large pot of salted water. Cook the spaghetti following the package instructions until it is al dente. Drain the pasta.
- Toss the cooked spaghetti with the sausage marinara sauce until it is well coated. Season with salt and Pepper to taste.
- Serve the spaghetti topped with grated parmesan and fresh basil leaves.