Lasagna is an all year round kind of meal, suitable for any gathering. Whether it be a holiday, a party or just a low-key sit down dinner, it'll be sure to remind you of home one way or another.
- 3/4 lbs. of lasagna noodles
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lb. our Hot Italian sausage (removed from casing)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsps. of oregano
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- red pepper flake to taste
- 64oz of marinara sauce
- 16 oz of ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cups of parmesan
- 1/4 c. chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 large egg
- 2 lbs. of sliced mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375º. In a large pot of boiled water and salt to taste, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and coat with olive oil to prevent noodles from sticking.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook hot Italian sausage (removed from casing), break it up into small pieces. Add garlic and oregano while cooking, season, and add marinara.
- Add ricotta, 1/4 cup Parmesan, parsley, and egg in a large mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large casserole dish, spread a quarter of the meat sauce across the bottom of the dish, then top with a single layer of lasagna noodles, a layer of ricotta mixture, a single layer of mozzarella, and a layer of meat sauce. Repeat layers topped with cheese.
- Increase temperature to 400 Fahrenheit, cover with foil, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.