What started out as an April Fools joke became a delicious reality for us. Don't knock it until you try it, this sweet and savory single pan breakfast combo will have you asking for more and more! 🍌🍌🍌
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 lbs. of chorizo (de-cased and crumbled)
- 1 small white onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 3/4 lbs. of red potato's
- 3 ripe plantains peeled and diced
- Crumbled queso fresco (optional but recommended)
- Diced green onions or chives
Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a medium sized frying pan over medium temperature, add the diced onions and cook until soft.
Add the crumbled chorizo and continue cooking until the chorizo is fully cooked.
- Drain any excess grease and save it, which will be used to cook the diced plantains.
- Add the potato's diced and thin cut plantains in the same pan and add the remaining 1-2 tablespoons of butter in addition to the excess chorizo grease.
- Add chorizo back in and add the eggs on top.
- Once fully cooked, crumbled queso fresco, chives, and hot sauce to taste.