Step 2: Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Step 3: Reduce heat to low. Simmer potatoes until fork-tender, about 20 -25 minutes.
Step 4: Drain the potatoes in a colander and discard bay leaf.
Step 5: Return the potatoes back into the pot with heat on low for about 30 seconds
Step 7: Mix in milk, sour cream and butter. Use a hand masher to mash potatoes.
Step 8: Garnish as desired
- 1 pack of Irish banger sausages
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 bottle of Guinness Beer
- 2 oz of olive oil
- 16 oz of beef broth
- 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 4 tbs of Worcestershire Sauce
- Spicy brown mustard
- dried parsley to taste
- ground thyme to taste
- salt and pepper to taste