- 1 pound package of Casarecce or other pasta
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 10 ounces broccoli, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound of Broccoli Rabe And Mozzarella or Provolone & Parsley sausage, crumbled
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta to al dente. Add broccoli 1 minute before the pasta is done cooking and let boil. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water and set aside before draining.
- Add a tablespoon of oil to the pasta pot and set it on medium-high heat. Add garlic and sausage, breaking it apart as they brown, until crisp.
- Stir in crushed red pepper and lemon zest and juice before adding the hot pasta mixture, and parmesan cheese. Slowly add the saved pasta water, starting with 1/2 cup and adding more if needed, and mix and continue to heat until a sauce is formed.