Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb Sweet Italian Sausage - NO Fennel (Luganica Style), sliced
- 1 lb Linguine
- 1 bunch Rapini, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Red Pepper Flakes to taste
- Salt to taste
- Cook the linguine following the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large-sized skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook until browned. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Add the chopped rapini and a splash of the reserved pasta water. Cover and cook until the rapini is tender.
- Add the cooked sausage and linguine to the skillet. Toss until everything is well combined. You can add pasta water to make the sauce more fluid if necessary.
- After adding the grated Parmesan cheese, stir the mixture well and add salt for seasoning. For the best results, it's advised to serve the dish immediately.