Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb Fresh Chorizo
- 4 Poblano Peppers
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- Oil for frying
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- To roast the poblano peppers, place them over an open flame or under a broiler until they are charred on all sides. Let cool, peel off the skin, remove the seeds, and make a small slit for stuffing.
- In a skillet, prepare the chorizo over moderate heat until fully cooked. Drain off any excess fat.
- Stuff each Pepper with some chorizo and shredded cheese. Seal the slit with a toothpick.
- Dip the stuffed peppers in flour, then beaten eggs, then bread crumbs.
- Warm oil in a deep large skillet or deep fryer to 375°F (190°C). Fry the peppers until golden brown on all sides. Drain on paper towels before serving.