Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 lb Irish Style Banger, sliced
- 2 Leeks, sliced
- 1 Carrot, diced
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry
- 1 Egg (for egg wash)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Set your oven's heat to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large-sized skillet, cook the sausage slices over medium heat until browned. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the leeks, carrots, and peas. Cook until softened.
- Return the sausage to the skillet. Mix the cornstarch with some broth to make a slurry, then add it to the skillet and the rest. Stir until thickened.
- Transfer the mixture to a pie dish. Cover with puff pastry, trimming any excess. Make a few slits in the top to vent, then brush with beaten egg.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes until the pastry gets golden. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.