Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb Chicken Sausage Stuffed with Broccoli Rabe & Mozzarella, casing removed
- 1 Pizza Dough
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- To begin, please preheat your oven to 475°F (245°C).
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken sausage using a spoon to break it up until it is browned and fully cooked.
- To make the pizza, place the dough on a floured surface and use a rolling pin to shape it into a large circle.
- On one half of the dough, spread the ricotta cheese. Top with the cooked chicken sausage, then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese.
- Fold the other half of the dough over the filling to form a semi-circle. Pinch and roll the edges to seal the calzone.
- Transfer the calzone onto a baking sheet. Please brush the beaten egg on top of the calzone. Make a few slits in the top of the calzone to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the calzone is golden brown.
- Let the calzone cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.