If you’re looking for a bowl of warm and delicious comfort food on a chilly night, this easy and delicious dish will satisfy the soul.
- 1 Lbs. of Hot Italian Sausage (Removed from casing)
- 1 box of Orecchiette Pasta
- 1 Can of Cannellini Beans
- 1 Shallot
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 4 Cups of Spinach
- 1 Roma Tomato
- Dried Thyme to taste
- Parsley to taste
- Lemon for Zest and Juice
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Start with one pound of our hot Italian sausage. Remove the casing, heat a large skillet add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and cook the sausage until browned.
- Add 1 minced shallot, two minced garlic cloves, and 1 tablespoon of dried thyme and cook until the shallot is translucent (about 2 to 4 minutes).
- Add 4 cups of chopped spinach, one can of cannellini beans (drained and rinsed),
- 1 medium fresh chopped tomato, and combine until warmed through.
- Meanwhile, cook 12 ozs. of orecchiette pasta, reserving ½ cup pasta water.
- Return pasta to a large pot, add sausage mixture and toss to combine drizzling reserved pasta water to create a sauce.
- Divide pasta among individual bowls, sprinkle with parsley, lemon zest, and parmesan, and drizzle with olive oil.