This dish is simple and bursting with flavor and will have your guests raving long after they leave.
- 1 tray of Sweet Italian Sausage
- 4 cups of red seedless grapes
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 tbs of cumin seed
- ½ cup of chopped parsley
- 2 tbs of sherry wine vinegar
- 2 tbs of chopped chives
- 1.5 lbs. of mixed potatoes, such as russets & Yukon Gold
- 1/2 c. whole milk
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1.5 Sticks of butter
- Kosher salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Let's start with the mashed potato's! In a large pot, cover potatoes with water and add a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and cook until soft for around 18 mins.
- In a separate sauce pan mix butter and milk together until melted down and blended.
- Mix with potato's and begin mashing before adding sour cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- Let this sit covered until preparation.
- Slice one large onion very thinly, spread the onion evenly on a large baking sheet, and coat with olive oil. Then add 4 cups of red seedless grapes over the onions, 1 tablespoon of lightly crushed cumin seeds, mix it all together, layer in Esposito's sweet Italian sausage links, and bake for 30 minutes at 450 degrees. Turn the sausage after the first 15 minutes.
- After baking, transfer onions, grapes, and sausage to a platter drizzle 2 teaspoons of sherry wine vinegar sprinkle ½ cup roughly chopped parsley and 2 tablespoons of chopped chives, and serve immediately over the mashed potatoes or with some crusty bread for mopping up all the flavorful pan juices.