One of the highlights of Easter is celebrating the increasing sunlight and seasonal flavors of spring.
- 1 Package of Italian Sausage with Broccoli Rabe and Mozzarella , parboiled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, diced
- 1-2 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 container of egg substitute or 8 Eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (nut milk works too)
- Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with oil or cooking spray
- Parboil the sausage links and roughly chop
- Return sausage to pan and cook over medium heat until cooked through.
- Remove from pan and place to the side.
- In the same pan, add sweet potatoes, onion, and peppers.
- Season with Salt, Pepper & Garlic and cook over medium heat until the sweet potato's are soft (about 10 minutes)
- In a 9x13 pan, layer the veggies and sausage.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cheese, salt pepper and garlic. Pour egg mixture of veggies and sausage.
- Bake until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- Let stand 8 to 10 minutes before cutting into 6-12 pieces (depending on your hunger level :)
Check out Anne's other content and recipes here!