Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb Chicken Sweet Italian Sausage, casing removed
- 1 lb Gnocchi
- 1/2 cup Pesto
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh Basil leaves for garnish
- Heat a large skillet over moderate heat. Cook the chicken sausage while using a spoon to break it up. Continue preparing until it turns a golden brown and is fully cooked. Take the sausage out of the skillet and keep it aside.
- Per package instructions, cook the gnocchi in a large pot of boiling salted water. Drain the contents while keeping 1 cup of the cooking water aside.
- Return the cooked gnocchi and sausage to the skillet. Add the pesto and toss, adding the reserved cooking water to thin out the sauce. Season with salt and Pepper.
- Serve the gnocchi topped with grated parmesan and fresh basil leaves.