Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb Chicken Sausage Stuffed with Broccoli Rabe & Mozzarella, casing removed
- 1 premade Pizza Dough
- 1/2 cup Marinara Sauce
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Set your oven's heat to 375°F (190°C) and place a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Over a lightly floured surface, roll the pizza dough into a large rectangle.
- Please spread the marinara sauce evenly over the dough, ensuring to leave a 1-inch border around the edges.
- Prepare the sausage over moderate heat in a skillet, and split it up with a spoon until browned and fully cooked.
- Spread the cooked sausage over the marinara sauce, then top with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Rolling the dough into a log, starting from one of the longer sides. Place the log seam-side down on the prepared cooking sheet.
- Brush the top of the log with the beaten egg, then make a few slits in the top with a knife.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the stromboli is golden brown.
- Allow the stromboli to rest briefly before slicing and serving with additional marinara sauce if desired.