Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 lb Hot Italian Sausage, sliced into rounds
- 1 cup White Rice
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz) mashed Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz) Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Cajun Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Green Onions, chopped, for garnish
- Brown the hot Italian sausage over medium heat in a large skillet or Dutch oven. As it gets browned, remove the sausage from the skillet and set it aside.
- Add the onion, garlic, bell pepper, and celery in the same skillet. Continue preparing until the vegetables have become tender, which usually takes about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the mashed tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, and Cajun seasoning. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the rice and the browned sausage to the skillet, turn the heat to low, cover, and let simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the rice is prepared and has absorbed most of the liquid.
- Season with salt and Pepper to taste.